Position – Support Equipment Technician
Company – BOEING
Location – Air Force Station, Karnataka, IN
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of airplanes, space, and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers, and for the world.
This position is in support of the Field Operations team operating at Hindan Air Force Base, Ghaziabad. The Field Operations team supports C-17 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF)
C17 Field Operations in Hindan, India has one immediate opening for an experienced Support Equipment Technician to support Field Operation by timely completion of assembly & commissioning, maintenance of Support Equipment to meet the customer requirements. Candidate must have the knowledge and deep understanding working of various Support Equipment incorporated in the operation and maintenance of Heavy Transport Military Aircraft. Past experience, demonstrated skills, and working knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting various Support Equipment like Ground Generator Sets( GPU), Ground Air-conditioning Units, Jet Starter, Ground Hydraulic Carts, Nitrogen Generators Self-propelled Ariel lifts, Hydraulic working platforms, etc. Capability to apply advanced visualization and review the schematic and electrical diagrams and technical manuals. Familiarization of various Test Equipment used on the Aircraft during maintenance. Be a self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work. Be able to demonstrate highly innovative and creative problem-solving skills. Teamwork is important in this position. Must be able to think proactively and work collaboratively with every team member. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with customers’ requirements. Demonstrate strong written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of written and spoken English, and familiar with computer operation. Be self-motivated and able to work independently with a positive attitude and the highest ethics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Will be responsible for performing periodic maintenance on Engine Handling Peculiar Support Equipment used on C17 Aircraft.-Will coordinate, monitor, and report the calibration and proof loading requirements, plan the maintenance schedule, and provision the parts required of the Support Equipment held with customer and Boeing Custody within the country.
- Individuals will work closely with the SE lead and other team members of C17 Field Services. Individuals will develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute ongoing projects.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Diploma / ITI in Electrical/ Automobile/Mechanical / AME / Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years of hands-on experience in maintaining Aerospace Ground Equipment preferably at Airport / Airlines/ Aviation Establishments.
- Possess a Valid LMV license. HMV license is desirable. Working knowledge on Computer is essential.
- Demonstrated experience and capability to diagnose the defects through schematic and electrical diagrams and technical manuals
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Employment will be subject to the candidate’s ability to obtain a security clearance from Indian security agencies/ IAF.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing’s U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.