Position – Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) is looking for resources in Mechanical Design Engineering domain to work in areas such as Structural Test & Instrumentation Design for existing and future production aircraft testing purposes. This position will be located in the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India and reports to the Manager – Structures Test, Boeing Test & Evaluation India.
- This position will be responsible to support mechanical design and analysis of wide range of mechanical structures and products of various aircraft test programs.
- Develops, maintains and modifies test hardware designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Involves understanding of qualification of components and ability to create technical documents for test planning, test conduct and qualification.
- This position will be responsible for communicating regularly with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams within Boeing and external partners.
- This position will participate and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement etc.
- Knowledge of CAD Tools (AutoCAD, CATIA, Creo, Unigraphics/NX) for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential and PLM software (Enovia, Teamcenter).
- Knowledge of Generative shape design, Part design, Assembly design, Sheet metal design, Tubing, Drafting,
- Knowledge of DO-160 certification requirements, creation of Qualification Plans, procedure and processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of aircraft structural, system or environmental testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of NASTRAN, PATRAN, Hyper mesh, and Manufacturing systems will be an advantage
- Knowledge of structural design, mechanical design, stress analysis, material properties, awareness of Industry standards for structural and mechanical design.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive attitude and highest ethics.
- Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Knowledge in Geometric dimension and tolerance (ASME Y14.5-2009).
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bachelor or Master from an accredited university in engineering preferably in Mechanical / Aerospace / Aeronautical with 0 to 2 years of work experience.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.