Position – Associate Mechanical Systems Design & Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking Associate Mechanical Systems Design & Analysis Engineer (Mech-Hyd) to join their team in Bangalore, Karnataka. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & Aerospace Mechanical Design and Systems expert to develop or optimize the designs, engineering process, analyze the supplier quality issues, support the development of cutting-edge technologies and digital initiatives.
- This position is primarily to support Mechanical System (e.g. Landing Gear, High lift and other equivalent systems), requirement validation, verification, Development assurance, create qualification test planning and reporting.
- This position will be responsible to support mechanical design and analysis of wide range of Valves, Actuators and various systems and other Aircraft /Aerospace components.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- In this role, the Engineer will work independently or with minimum supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed designs based on the requirements. And Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- This position will participate and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement etc.
- This position will be located in Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent disciplines.
- 1-6 Years of relevant Work experience.
- Expert level competency of DOORS, MATLAB, Simulink and Simscape or equivalent simulation software.
- Experience in using ARP 4754A and 4761.
- Working knowledge of System Safety Analysis, assessment etc.,
- Experience of performing Requirement Decomposition, Test procedures, performing Model coverage analysis.
- Experience in Performing requirement validation, traceability analysis
- Experience in Hydraulic System Design & Analysis, structural design, mechanical design, Hydraulic DFX (X- Manufacturing, Assembly, Optimization etc.,) , Tier 1, 2 and 3 requirements, Certification process, Development and Verification of Aircraft systems towards certifications etc.,
- Experience of Spares engineering investigation and in-service issues.
- Able to perform independently or with limited guidance from SME or tech fellow. Should able to lead small teams as communication focal , planning , estimation, scheduling and reviewing the deliverables.
- Perform with positive attitude and highest ethics.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in aerospace material selection, drawing (Drawing based or MBD creation), processes (finishing and heat treatment) specifications, perform analyses like tolerance stack up, FRACAS, engineering or product quality investigation analyses.
- Experience of independently developing designs using CAD Tools (CATIA, Creo, Unigraphics /NX) for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
- Experience of design and development as part of New Product development process, redesigns and Inservice design investigations.
- Knowledge of basics of stress analysis and Aerospace requirements at system and LRU level.
- Basic understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Experience in assigning GD&T and ability to understand the develop rationale for supplier designs and change proposals.
- Able to generate cost-out ideas, value engineering proposals.
- Experience in Model Based Engineering using tools like 3DX etc.,
- Experience on use of PDM/PLM tools such as ENOVIA or Team Center.
- Knowledge of Data analytics and awareness of programming languages like Python etc.,
- Able to verify accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 0 to 6 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+ 0 years’ related work experience etc.)
Relocation: This position does offer relocation within INDIA.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.