Position – Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing India Engineering and Technology Centre is currently looking for two Associate Manufacturing Engineer to join their Manufacturing Engineering team in Chennai, India. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of a global team working on providing ME solutions to a wide range of Boeing products and services across the world. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) business organization.
A successful candidate will implement the preparation of installation plans, author assembly work instructions and drive process standardization for electrical wire harness products. The role would focus on working closely with global teams to ensure the assembly work instructions are defined most efficiently thereby ensuring the best value for our customers. This position also offers opportunities to be part of integrated project teams on the manufacturability and producibility of wiring design definitions. Be a part of our passionate and motivated team that always keep an eye to identify potential opportunities to improve and standardize the assembly process for our diverse range of products.
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing, methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, machines/machine tools, cutting tools and fluids, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems)
- Knowledge of surface finishes, coatings, paints, sealants, bonding and grounding.
- Authors build plan for Aircraft Structural assemblies, Systems and Payloads
- Assists in creating work instructions for installing components, systems and other assemblies.
- Assists in developing efficient process sequence by analyzing and validating processes, standards and specifications related to aircraft systems.
- Create Installation plan in CAPP/MES/Teamcenter/ Enovia.
- Create testing and inspection plans for aircraft systems for continuity and proper functioning.
- Implement the process audits for the prevailing Installation/fabrication plans and ensure they meet the defined standards.
- Implementation of standard work instructions for assembly operations.
- Continuously review the existing assembly process and drive process improvements.
- Assist in implementation of safety procedures, Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention and non-conformances issues.
- Participates in the implementation of manufacturing plans. Investigates technical problems.
- Participates in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies.
- Ensure compliance to company quality management system requirements.
- Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years of experience involved with production/manufacturing engineering planning roles.
- 2+ years of work experience in aerospace manufacturing/assembly planning.
- Experience with Aerospace Manufacturing, Fabrication, Assembly Processes, and Technologies.
- Experience with the creation of manufacturing planning and authoring assembly work instructions.
- General Drawing Interpretation & GD&T knowledge.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Materials and Processes.
- Aware of manufacturing execution systems like CAPP/MES, and PDM.
- Working knowledge of CATIA/NX Modelling software.
- Experience with Boeing products/Commercial aircraft platforms is highly desirable.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through a Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical/ Aerospace /Industrial/ Production/ or Equivalent) and typically 2 to 5 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
Relocation: This position offers relocation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.