Position – Associate Equipment & Tool Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
BIETC is currently looking for Associate Equipment & Tool Engineer (Analysis Engineer) to join Production Engineering team in Bangalore. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial (BCA) business organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Production Engineering Teams to implement the Tool design solutions.
- Responsible for performing structural analysis of equipment and tool structures components, assemblies, and systems while working as an integrated team.
- Structural analysis includes determination of load cases, calculation of loads and static analysis of the structure.
- Evaluate structural integrity of the components using building codes, ADM, AISC, classical hand calculations and finite element methods
- Develops and maintains technical relationships / partnerships with customers, suppliers, peers, partners and team members to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world. Support initiatives on engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, and customer engagement.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience in utilizing FEM software (e.g., RISA-3D, PATRAN/NASTRAN) to analyze Tooling and building structures
- Robust understanding of engineering fundamentals such as material properties, Free-body diagrams, structural loads and, analysis methods.
- Familiar with code of federal regulations for warranting safety and regulatory compliance.
- Familiar with aerospace industry, military and government specifications, handbooks and standards. Able to read, understand, and interpret advanced engineering drawings and specifications
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations within Boeing and external partners.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment
- Must be very fluent in spoken and written English, and have excellent communication style.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work, and connect technology to business considerations.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s with Up to 4 years of experience / Master’s degree with up to 3 years’ experience in Aerospace/Mechanical /Civil Engineering.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.