Position – Technical Support Engineer I
Company – Bentley Systems
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $700 million, in 172 countries.
Bentley Systems is seeking a talented individual to become a valued member of our successful team as an Technical Support Engineer I. This position is part of our Plant Product Advantage team located in our Pune office. The Plant Product Advantage team is responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of new products, features and support in Bentley’s product application offerings. The team interacts with Professional Services, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Marketing and Sales teams.
As part of the Product Advantage team the technical support engineer is responsible for providing technical and user support via phone, e-mail, and web-portal for Bentley’s users. This is a hands-on position that will interface with our users as well as our development, professional services, and sales departments. The position is responsible for problem analysis, documentation, resolution and escalation involving Bentley’s supported products. There will also be a requirement to provide remote and onsite training as well as consultancy services to our users.
- Bachelor Degree (B/E./B.Tech) in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- Possessing any technical course on Piping design would be added benefit.
- Total 1-5 yrs Industry experience.
- Answering user questions over the phone, email and web portal.
- Contribute to software testing from time to time.
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems.
- Technology savvy.
- Tactful and patient with users.
- Excellent English communication skills required.
- Ability to convey complex technical details coherently.
- Knowledge of MicroStation or AutoCAD or other Bentley Plant applications (AutoPlant & OpenPlant) is an asset.
- Fundamental Knowledge of Database (SQL Server or Oracle) is an asset.
- Must be decisive, self-motivated and proactive, possessing strong desire to learn.
- Ability to resolve application problems via telephone support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Should participate & contribute in writing blogs, wiki’s, Tech articles on company’s portal.
- Support and interact with other members of a team environment.
- Experience in Piping Design engineering field would be an advantage.
- Able to work in shift hours (7 AM- 4 PM, 3 PM-12 PM, 5 PM – 2 AM & 6 PM -3 AM) for ANZ, US/Europe users.
Bentley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.