Position – Maintenance Engineer
Company – Bayer
Location – Maharashtra, IN
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Main Purpose –
- Handle shift activities of Maintenance, including and not limited to shift breakdowns, coordination with external agencies, and vendors.
- Lead & execute Engineering Projects based on investment plan by coordinating & managing all parties concern (both in-house & external vendors).
- Following SSHE & QMS procedures and Bayer guidelines, this role requires following instructions and accurately enabling maintenance plan necessary to fulfil the operation demand
Key Tasks & Responsibilities –
- Manage capital projects for Maintenance, Operation team from concept to design to implementation
- Ensuring facility equipment and machines are maintained properly and working correctly
- Identify and analyze equipment/machinery failures and take corrective actions
- Handling of breakdowns in equipment/machines including with PLC and electronic systems
- Monitoring of day-to-day Equipment/Utility Checklists, Shift handovers and any pending activities
- Ordering and maintaining spares, consumables inventory through SAP
- Preparing and adhering to preventive maintenance schedules to ensure maximum reliability of equipment
- Co-ordinating and ensuring SSHE process performed by external vendors, contractors, workers, and engineering consultants
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Providing technical training to site technicians, mechanics, and relevant technical staff
- Manage & Support Capital Projects for Field Production Sites as per need
- Prepare user requirement specification (URS) in alignment with project stakeholders.
- Support Team for Project Feasibility Study & preparing plans for projects which are in pipeline
- Investigate new technologies & establish technical standards for facility & equipment
- To work for smooth execution of Global / Regional Sustainability & Digitalization Initiatives
- Maintaining safety regulations as per Bayer guidelines and Local laws. Ensure Zero Incident Targets during project execution & maintenance activities.
- Update quarterly project spend forecast & ensure meeting the accuracy as per regional targets
- Ensure overall regulatory compliance & maintain associated documentation.
- Provide technical/engineering support to plant operation and field production team for the plant improvements, process design , process optimization, continuous improvements, maintenance planning & scheduling as & when required.
- Support for effective implementation & execution of Maintenance Strategies.
Key Working Relationships
- Manufacturing Excellence Team
- SSHE Team
- Procurement Team
- Finance/AP team
- Third-Party Vendors
- Information Technology (IT)
Qualifications & Competencies –
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineering field
- Having at least 3-4 years of experience in the field of project management
- Relevant mechanical and electrical maintenance and other technological knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Basic Knowledge on TPM and Lean tools SAP & AutoCAD
- Flexible to work in shifts & any emergencies or organization priorities
Bayer does not charge any fees whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not entertain such demand for payment by any individuals/entities in connection with recruitment with any Bayer Group entity(ies) worldwide under any pretext.
Please don’t rely upon any unsolicited emails from email addresses not ending with domain name “bayer.com” or job advertisements referring you to an email address that does not end with “bayer.com”.
Bayer is an equal-opportunity employer that strongly values fairness and respect at work. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, religion, gender, age, physical characteristics, disability, sexual orientation, etc. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: India: Maharashtra: Deulgaonraja
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 791682
Contact Us – + 022-25311234