Position – Auxiliary Systems Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line?
Join our Turbomachinery Product Line!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
As an Auxiliary Systems Engineer – Mechanical Component, you will works primarily in Mechanical engineering in project execution of Turbomachinery auxiliary systems which includes, understanding the project scope of work, preparation of design summary, purchase specifications, preparation of 3D model, preparation of drawings, documents necessary for the scope of work within stipulated timeline.
As an Auxiliary Systems Engineer – Mechanical Component, you will be responsible for:
- Going through customer specifications in detail, understanding critical project requirements and deriving all necessary requirements for design of various Mechanical Auxiliaries according to BH best practices
- Collaborating with external engineering suppliers in creation of basic engineering drawings of various Mechanical Auxiliaries items, foundation drawings and managing 3D models.
- Reviewing of above engineering drawings & 3D models. Also, Performing Structural analysis of baseplates using FEA tools [BDOT – BH Tool]
- Assigning & review static and dynamic analysis when the same is performed with Ansys software by external suppliers and create built to print drawings for baseplate
- Creating Piping line specification using PUMA (BH Tool).
- Designing / sizing of lube oil tank (API 614) and selection of Lube oil system components like pumps, LV motors, filters, accumulators, rundown tanks and pressure control valves.
- Being responsible for the skid package design of Compressor & Steam turbine packages includes package piping & support design, locking assembly etc with due consideration to ergonomics, accessibility and maintenance.
- Being responsible for the design of various external BOP skids that include Oil mist eliminators, Rundown oil tank, Seal gas treatment skids in collaboration with external OEM vendors
- Owning the plant 3D model of the whole project, verify interface across different products that constitute the project, shape 3D model review meetings with customer
- Performing / review stress analysis of piping & supports, where required
- Extending support to FSE/ FPE during installation & commissioning of the machine at site
Fuel your passion, To be successful in this role you will:
- Have bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering with 3-6 yrs. of experience in design & execution of Rotating Equipment Auxiliary Systems (GT, Centrifugal compressor, ST Auxiliaries)
- Be excited by and demonstrate passion towards design improvements.
- Have experience in using tools like Unigraphics, Autocad, Ansys or any other mechanical software’s
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 5 days a week) in current pandemic post pandemic requires approval
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
About Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.