Position – Lead Supplier Quality Engineer- Machining/Engineered system
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Lead Supplier Quality Engineer-Machining & Engineering System
Would leading the Supplier Quality Process for an innovative energy technology company excite you?
Are you passionate about delivering quality through meeting standards and procedures?
Join our India Sourcing Quality Team
Our Engineering and Supply Chain team select suppliers through qualification processes and provides improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and advise improvement plans where needed. Be a part of team who will work on development of sustainable supply chain from India region.
Partner with the best
As a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer, you will take ownership for quality and continuous improvement across a range of suppliers. You will build relationships with internal teams, suppliers to ensure successful delivery . You will ensure supplier quality to global standards and lead continuous improvement where there are performance issues.Job location-Pune
As a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating and onboarding new supplier, recommends improvements utilizing Supplier Scorecards, ensuring supplier compliance
- Using Quality tools to identify the risk and define effective mitigation plan to flawless execution.
- Leading robust root cause analysis & Using DMAIC methodology / APOLLO RCA to identify & eliminate.
- Conducting audits(Process, Product, Quality systems, SRG/Compliance, ‘Eyes always Open’)
- Acting as consultant to Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering organizations to improve Quality and Manufacturing processes.
- Mentoring the Suppliers to deliver the products on time with full compliance.
- Delivering results as measured by key metrics defined for Quality, Delivery, Cost of Quality, RCA effectiveness.
- Developing positive relationships with all stakeholders to manage and implement Engineering changes, New Product Introductions (NPIs).
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a graduate in Electrical /Mechanical engineering with 6-12 years experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Vendor functions.
- Be able to travel locally and internationally once the restrictions are lifted
- Be able to demonstrate good EHS background, familiar with India Environmental, health, and safety law and regulations
- Be an expert in International Standards & Regulatory Requirements with specifications (ASTM, PED,IEC,ANSI,CE, CSA, UL,DIN)
- Be able to have understand castings,Forgings processes/materials/fabrication (welding, cladding, hot metal), selecting tools, Fixtures, Sheet metal parts.
- Be Able to understand drawings,Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T),manufacturing process plan (MPP) for machining,process steps,conducting FMEA.
- Be detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to understand and establish appropriate inspection/measurement system based on the technical specification and functional characteristics.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 5 days a week)
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
About Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.