Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – Gas Turbine Combustion
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Join our Industrial & Energy Technology Team!
The Industrial & Energy Technology (IET) organization brings together an incredible amount of expertise, technologies, and services. Together we are creating a portfolio of powerful technologies and solutions. Our focus is on supporting industrial and energy customers, driving industrial productivity, and enabling a reliable, efficient, net-zero energy system.
Partner with the best!
As a Mechanical Design Engineer – Gas Turbine Combustion, you will be responsible for activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. Also, you be responsible for activities linked to the technical improvement of existing products and components which requires a comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function
As a Mechanical Design Engineer – Gas Turbine Combustion, you will be responsible for:
- Leading various projects on Combustion Systems of various existing fleets & New products with broad scope and delivering with high impact to the business.
- Being accountable for all mechanical design activities pertaining to gas turbine components and assembly design, including 2D/3D parts modelling, interface and components design requirements, thermal/structural FEM, failure analyses (HCF & LCF initiation and crack propagation), detail mechanical design analysis and drafting.
- Leading Design to cost initiatives, NCA, and RCA programs
- Coordinating with the global engineering team and facilitating technical discussions within Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, and the Supply chain
- Leading outsourcing of engineering work and upgrades with Service Engineering
- Presenting ideas & analysis results through design reviews and drawing sign-off
- Documenting all work in design record books
- Be responsible and be forefront to innovate and penetrate the culture into the team
- Develop & provide advanced technical training to team members
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 3 years of experience in Gas Turbine Combustion Design
- Be familiar with design and analysis tools and systems such as:: NX (Unigraphics), ANSYS Classic, ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS Topology Optimization or similar
- Deeply understand the technical documentation, GD&T, its management process (e.g., Bill of Material) and Supply Chain Processes
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, and be fluent in English.
- Strong engineering fundamentals; Articulate communicator; Ability to adapt well to working in teams
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- The safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.