Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – Gas Turbine Packaging
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Do you love designing products that will innovate?
Are you excited by the prospect of working for an industry leader in Energy Technology?
Join our Turbomachinery and Process Solutions team!
Our TPS team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Our team looks at the development and creation of the future of energy technology products.
Partner with the best
As Engineer – Mechanical Design you will be executing all aspects of requisition engineering associated with Gas turbine & Centrifugal compressor auxiliaries in the Mechanical scope, including Heavy duty & Aero derivative gas turbines. Prime accountability will be in Quality, On-time delivery, cost & engineering productivity.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer – Gas Turbine Packaging Systems Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Going through customer specifications in detail, understanding critical project requirements, and deriving all necessary requirements for the design of various Mechanical Auxiliaries.
- Performing Structural analysis of baseplates using FEA tools [Ansys] and support structures, and walkways using STAAD PRO software.
- Collaborating with external engineering suppliers in the creation of basic engineering drawings and 3D models.
- Performing calculation of foundation loads for the structures and baseplates. Ventilation Fan sizing, lube oil pump /motor/ filter/ heat exchanger selection
- Performing lifting analysis, selection of valves, piping design & line specification
- Leading project meetings, and 3D model reviews with global customers
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor’s / master’s in mechanical/Structural Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Rotating Machinery Design
- Have hands-on experience with 3D modeling/Detailing tools like UG NX, AutoCAD, and Analysis software like Flow Master, Ansys, etc.
- Have experience in Quality control system awareness and familiarity with the main API/ASME test/process and TR&S requirements.
- Be able to connect with experts across multiple domains globally to arrive at solutions in a quick turn-around of time
- Display a good aptitude for building trusted relationships with key customers, partners, industry influencers and decision-makers
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- A safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.