Spread the love
Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Engineer-Mechanical Component to join the team in Coimbatore, India.
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, configure, the design or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies, or systems that meet business standards and program/product requirements
- Develop /configure valve/actuator designs and participate in design reviews as needed.
- Define material and quality requirements for the control valve components based on applications and customer requirements.
- Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations
- Work with the design team to improve productivity using design automation
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Engage with teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
- Work seamlessly across other functions/ multiple global sites to help meet the organization goals/objectives
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Ensure product safety and compliance with global codes, standard, and regulations such as ASME, FM, PED, ATEX
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision.
- Works together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under the guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
- Works within a team setting and / or under guidance. Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis.
- Masters / Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3 years of experience in an Engineering Design / Analysis / Scientific / Technical Position.
- Must have at least 1 year of Control Valve Design Expertise.
- Strong mechanical engineering/design fundamentals
- Exposure to Valve Design and Requisition Engineering related activities related to instrumentation, materials, and coating processes
- Knowledge of pneumatic / hydraulic actuator for valves
- Experience in design automation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Coimbatore, India
Spread the love