Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, IN
Full Job Description
Engineer – Mechanical Component
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line?
Join our Turbomachinery Product Line!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
As a Engineer – Mechanical Component, you will be execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, configure, the design or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
As an Engineer – Mechanical Component, you will be responsible for:
- Developing /configuring valve / actuator designs and participate in design reviews as needed.
- Defining material and quality requirements for the control valve components based on applications and customer requirements.
- Being hands on use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations
- Working with design team to improve productivity using design automation. Also, Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Engaging with teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives. Also, Work seamlessly across other functions/ multiple global sites to help meeting the organization goals / objectives
- Assuring proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Ensuring product safety and compliance with global codes, standard and regulations such as ASME, FM, PED, ATEX
- Executing the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Executing routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision.
- Working together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
Fuel your passion ,To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Master’s / Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university preferably with exposure / experience in an Engineering Design / Analysis.
- Have exposure / understanding on Control Valve functionalities / design.
- Have good mechanical engineering / design fundamentals
- Have exposure on Valve Design, instrumentation and control engineering, materials and coating processes (desirable)
- Have Knowledge on pneumatics / hydraulics & Passion towards automation and coding
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you
About Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us: Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.