Position – Manager Sourcing – Engineered Solutions
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Key responsibilities of the candidate are as under
- Plan for compressor / dryer / N2 generator parts & accessories based on the manufacturing planning & scheduling. The parts include, prime movers like but not limited to electric motors, diesel/ gas engines, steam turbines, fabricated parts, electrical panels, instrumentation etc…
- Get quotes, negotiate & place orders for the parts required
- Follow up with vendor & ensure that the parts are delivered at right time as planned
- Coordinate for customer inspections along with quality engineer
- Evaluate the existing and potential suppliers to reduce purchase cost.
- Develop suppliers ( Capacity, Tooling / Fixtures, Quality, Delivery)
- Evaluate quotes & handle price negotiations and supplier agreements,
- Monitor suppliers’ delivery performance on a regular basis,
- Will work on the principle of ‘Minimum inventory with Maximum availability’
- Maintain regular record of inventory and update management on regular basis
- Resolve price variances and supplier payment issues,
- Will be in close coordination with ES Pune project & execution team on volumes,
quality or any other related factors
- Will participate in the meeting of ‘Standard sourcing’ for data sharing & working on common principles
- Will support other ES entities to source material from India region
- Execution of supplier evaluations/audits for ES Pune commodities.
- Development of processes together with the selected suppliers and for new commodities,
- Inspections of components during production and before delivery, expediting the project
progress at the supplier site, monitoring of the supplier performance. Implement on-site
audit when necessary.
- Follow up aggressively and ensure closure of issues reported in IQPR (line problems) / PPAR
(problems identifed in product/process audit). Work with supplier to analyse, identify the root
cause, take actions to correct and prevent similar issues recurrence
- Tracking of supplier performance, identification of weaknesses and implementation of
- Issue Non Conformity Form and Corrective and Preventive Action Plan to suppliers once NC
- Carry out a formal periodical supplier evaluation concerning to ethical / social/
environmental issues i.e. child labour, ESI/PF for their employee, EHS etc
- Ensure that the supplier adhere to Atlas Copco Business Code of Practice. Raise a red flag immediately in case of deviation.
- High level of commitment and motivation and ability to work in challenging environment.
- Systematic, focused, committed and result achiever
- A good team leader, able to inculcate the spirit of commitment amongst the team members
with the customer at the focal point.
- A hands on person, able to lead by example.
- Able to prioritize and adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment.
8-10 years of relevant experience in procurement, purchase and vendor development.
In-depth technical and commercial knowledge and business acumen
Knowledge of Oil Free compressor packages & accessories shall be an added advantage
Knowledge of Indian supplier base is plus
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical/Production engineering. PG in materials management preferred.
- Conversant in MS Excel, Power point.
City – Pune
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.