Position – Application Engineer – Centrifugal Pumps
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We´re everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
- Develop centrifugal Pumps designs for customer-specific applications.
- Develop, prepare and write Centrifugal Pump technical proposals, to include Pump selection and performance calculations, rotor dynamic calculations, cost estimation, scope identification, deviations to client specifications etc, all according to company processes and procedures
- Be knowledgeable of various markets, applications, and best technology to offer.
- Be knowledgeable of applicable API 610 specifications/standards for Centrifugal Pump, driven equipment and related auxiliaries.
- Be responsible for compliance to customer technical specifications and identifying deviations
- Ensure the technical aspects of a proposal are complete and compliant with the customers’ requirements and present our solutions in the most competitive way.
- Ensure the correctness of the scope of supply.
- Develop accurate costs of proposed solutions.
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team such as Engineering, Supply chain and external vendors to ensure a timely flow of information.
- Knowledge of API, ASME, DIN, and ISO standards.
- Knowledge of engineering software (CAD, PLM, SAP, CPQ) would be an added advantage.
What you can expect from us?
A work culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior and integrity
- Access to Global Job Opportunities as a part of Atlas Copco Group
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact
- New challenges and new learnings
What we expect of you?
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of industry experience as a Process Engineer, Design Engineer, Application Engineer, Project Engineer, or as Commercial / Project Manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Have a solid understanding of basic Mechanical systems and electrical, instrumentation control systems.
- Understanding of various basic engineering documents like GA, P&ID, Single line diagrams, Process flow diagrams, etc.
- Knowledge of working in Centrifugal Pump /turbomachinery.
- Knowledge of Pump application in Air/ Hydrocarbon industries would be a Plus.
Software skills –
- PLM (Enovia, Smart Team etc.)
Knowledge & Educational requirements
Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Related Engineering
- Must be a team player – open-minded, Positive attitude and flexible.
- The aptitude to generate creative ideas.
- Commercial approach
- Strong customer focus.
- Dynamic and energetic.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multi-tasks, and carry out root cause analysis.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of English (both oral and written)