Atlas Copco (India) is Hiring | Sr. Technology Engineer |
Position – Sr. Technology Engineer: Piston Technology
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Our solutions are a key part of most industries – electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
As Sr. Technology Engineer – Core Design – Piston Technology, your mission is “To deliver technically sound ideas and technologies in core block design and involve in research to provide pioneering solutions to global challenges across the stake holders of Atlas Copco Group.”
I.e Handling projects for design and development of New components, Products and Technologies within the Core design team of GECIA – Support, interact and participate with Project leader and customers and discuss the design proposals, carry out design reviews for products & technology for Piston Core Block and Engineering.
You shall achieve this, by developing the technical competence for self and supporting team members towards deep understanding about core products, core components, field applications, & Technology Platforms.
- Timely execution of various NPI / NPD / Custom projects of core elements.
- Ensure GECIA’s contribution in technological projects by providing Innovative design solutions.
- Ensure communication at PTM level and demonstrate GECIA’s contribution to NPD Projects
- Drive the innovation project in the team to nurture innovative ideas and focus improvements on the product performance, cost, life, reliability, Sustainability.
- Understand the Market, Industry trends on the Technology and adapt the meaningful technologies for the team
- Promote Cross-Pollination of the technologies, by representing GECIA at various internal, external Technology forums
- Maintain the Knowledge management Portals, Databases, etc. to document the knowledge about Product, Process, People & Tool.
- Create reusable calculation templates, methodologies to design core components
- Define different CAD automation projects to automate repeated processes & to improve the quality
- Perform design review
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables on an aggressive schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to present ideas clearly.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Formulate the Check lists, Calculation Templates to ensure high quality through process approach.
- Co-ordinate internally & with clients for reporting status of task, presenting the queries and receiving the feedback
What you can expect from us?
- An excellent culture – known for respectful interaction, ethics and integrity
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion
- Have multiple interactions with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact on interesting projects
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
- Possibility to innovate and freedom do explore
What we expect of you?
Experience & Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Production) with minimum 3-8 years of Experience.
- Sound Knowledge about Reciprocating Compressors, performance parameters
- Knowledge of standards such as API 618, ASME, IS5456, ISO1217 etc
- Detailed Functional & basic manufacturing knowledge of components used in Core Block Design such as
- Piston, Piston rings
- Rider rings, pressure packing rings
- Connecting rod
- Crankcase etc
- Knowledge of GD &T and exposure to creating tolerance stack up is must.
- Project Management Experience as added advantage.
- Exposure to Product Development Process (Concept-to-Product).
- Knowledge of DFM & DFA, Design for serviceability.
- Experience of working on CAD software like Inventor & PLM system like Enovia.
- Can do fundamental design & thermal calculations at component and system level.
- Exposure to other mechanisms of compression such as scroll, screw, vane etc is an added advantage
- Exposure to Designer level FEA is an added advantage.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are entrepreneurial and open to different cultures.
- You are very customer-focused, enthusiastic, and professional.
- You can work under time pressure to respect deadlines.
- You can integrate smoothly into the existing team and stimulate knowledge sharing between your colleagues.
- You are also able to collaborate easily with colleagues in the engineering departments from other divisions and product companies.
- You also maintain good relations with third parties.
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply – 28/03/2023
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.