Position – Senior Buyer
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Chakan, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Mission of Excellence in Sourcing commodity, meaning
- Quality à as per specifications and requirements,
- On-time delivery,
- Cost leadership,
- Volume Agility vs workload fluctuation needs,
- Lean sourcing process,
- Compliance with company policy, code of conduct, laws and regulations
- Meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Hierarchically to the Head of Sourcing PC Chakan
- Functionally to the Business Unit Sourcing Manager-HPT and HHH
- Meet and exceed the defined goals for Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Look for innovative solutions to drive suppliers towards the company goals.
Main responsibilities/What you will do.
- Define a sourcing strategy for the assigned commodity portfolio which would strategically benefit the supply chain.
- Evaluate the capabilities of proposed new suppliers in conjunction with key business stakeholders in the internal Supply Chain (local, regional, global) with the responsibility for approving or rejecting for use.
- If required, initiate agreements for key commodities including compilation of the scope, evaluating submissions, negotiating favorable costs and award the qualified suppliers.
- Undertake supplier visits, compiling visit reports upon completion, and developing process improvements to the internal supply chain, including better utilization of supplier systems.
- Regularly benchmark the existing supply base and challenge the competitivenes of exsiting suppliers.
- Anticipate potential risks to the supply chain based on suppliers’ financial health, capacity, change in business profile, regulations, etc.
- Work with/support SQA to improve existing supplier systems in activities such as implementation of “Poka Yoke”, automation, lean manufacturing, etc.
- Push suppliers to achieve defined PPM and delivery levels.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve manufacturing & aftermarket goals including Zero Based Costing.
- Respect & Contribute actively to the SHE procedures (Safety, Health, Environment)
- Promote ideas for continuous improvement & innovation
- Interact on-time, with transparency & commitment with colleagues & managers
- Maintain respectful relationship with all contacts.
- Promote Group Core values: Interaction, Commitment, and Innovation in order to reach the vision “First in Mind – First in Choice”.
- Ability to effectively lead decision-making process for cross-functional team to ensure company goals and our customers’ needs are met.
- Excellent communication and exposure to working in a multicultural environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Able to deal with deadlines, being Customer Oriented.
- High ability to work in teams
- Problem solving capability, ownership, never give-up attitude
- Reliable & organized in your work
- Positive attitude, constantly raising the performance bar
- Undisputed business ethics vs supplier & adhere to “Business Code of Practice”.
- Willingness to travel.
Experience / Educational requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering background (Mechanical, Production) is preferred not necessary.
- 7 to 10 years experience in Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing/Procurement.
- Background in automotive sector is preferred.
- Able to read a technical drawing with tolerances & specifications,
- Experience in Machining, Rubber, Plastic and Fabrication commodity is favored.
- Knowledge in supply chain processes and manufacturing process is a plus.
- Use of IT tools like CAO, ERP (BPCS), MS-Excel, SRM (Be2Net, Qlikview)
- Fluency in English is a must.
City – Chakan, Pune
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.