Position – Engineer – Product Management
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Full Job Description
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We´re everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
We are looking for a Design Engineer for our Compressor Design team supporting for global teams.
As a Design Engineer, you will be need to –
- Generate 3D layouts, detail engineering and drawings for new products.
- Monitor performance parameter like Timely completion, Quality of drawings and First time right
- Continually innovate the ideas to improve the Quality aspect of engineering.
- Complete responsibility of executing assigned tasks.
- Generating necessary documents for task as per Quality Systems. Also following design codes, work instructions and checklists.
- Co-ordination with internal & external clients for reporting status of task, resolving queries and receiving feedback.
- Look for the innovative techniques other than standard practices been followed.
- Generate innovative ideas through self-study of new technologies in market.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Communication and interaction with the internal & external clients regularly on the progress of the job requests.
- Co-ordination with internal & external clients for reporting the status of task, presenting the queries and receiving the feedback.
- Estimation of work involved, lead time and execution of task according to customer requirement.
- Tracking all the job request for their progress with reference to the committed time frame.
- Understanding priorities, job planning, training designers to execute the jobs with high quality within specified timelines.
- Maximize satisfaction level of customers in terms of quality of work, meeting deadlines and quick turnaround time.
- Provide Technical support
- You will be responsible to follow Atlas Copco design codes, standards, work instructions & check lists of the tasks handled and carry out the checking. Ensure adherence to Quality Norms as set by the Project leader from time to time.
- It will be a challenge for you to further develop & expand the scope of activities and control the work done by external design agencies, onsite as well as off-site. Utilize efficiently the available contract Engineers.
- Complete any mechanical engineering related tasks assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Take an active part in the engineering team to support the release of all engineering deliverables linked to the project.
Proficient in Inventor & SolidWorks, software is a must. AutoCAD software knowledge would be an added advantage.
- Should have working knowledge of Compressors.
- Should be proficient in CAD and GD&T.
- Knowledge of ERP (BPCS) is must.
- Worked in design, engineering & project environment.
What you can expect from us?
- A work culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior and integrity
- Access to Global Job Opportunities as a part of Atlas Copco Group
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact
- New challenges and new learnings
What we expect of you?
The successful candidate should have a good mix of the following:
- The right candidate has a bachelor’s degree mechanical with minimum 2-3 years Industrial design experience.
- Basic knowledge of different parts, part design methodology & assemblies.
- Experience from CAD software (Autodesk Inventor & Solid Works).
- Experience of ERP (Vault & BPCS)
- Clear & precise communication – good communicator.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fast learner
- Piston Compressor experience
- Experience of design calculations at component level
- Good in communication skills in English.
- Good in interpersonal skills including self-starter and positive approach.
- Good sense of urgency.
- Should be customer focused.
- Should be a team player with learning attitude.
- Capable of working under time pressure in order to respect deadlines
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply – [[31/05/2022]]
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.