Position – Design / Project Engineer – NPD – Oil Free Air
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The main responsibility of the Design/Project Engineer in New product development Competence is to manage New product development projects independently
In the job of Design/Project Engineer, you will be working at the Global Engineering Center of Atlas Copco in the New Product Development team of Oil Free Air division, Standard Plus Engineering
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To manage the New product development project assigned to you
- To ensure and prepare design of the parts as per the scope in the contract documents.
- To work on finalizing the output design layout along with the design engineers on the project.
- Produce and check the 3D assembly and 2D drawings.
- To take the ownership of the projects till the delivery of project
- Communication and interaction with the internal & external clients regularly on the progress of the job requests.
- Estimation of work involved, lead time and execution of task according to customer requirement.
- Maximize satisfaction level of customers in terms of quality of work, meeting deadlines and quick turnaround time.
- You will be responsible to follow Atlas Copco design codes, standards, work instructions & check lists of the tasks handled and carry out the checking. Ensure adherence to Quality Norms as set by the Project leader from time to time.
- Control the work done by external design agencies, onsite as well as off-site. Utilize efficiently the available contract Engineers.
- Work on ERP systems(BPCS) & PLM systems
You will report to the Sr. Project leader.
What you can expect from us?
- An excellent culture
- An exposure of working on international projects
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior and integrity
- Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion
- Have multiple interactions with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact on interesting projects
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
What we expect of you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Production) with minimum 3-8 years of Experience
- Sound Knowledge about Compressors
- Knowledge of International standards like ASME and CE , API
- Knowledge about Design of Skid packages for compressor would be an added advantage.
- Project Management Experience as added advantage
- Knowledge of Sheet metal, Piping design, Flange selection, heavy fabrication.
- Experience of working on CAD software like Inventor & PLM system Enovia.
- Knowledge of BOM generation, working on ERP (BPCS) system
- Experience of doing design calculations at component level
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Committed team player with learning attitude
- Customer focus
- Capable of working under time pressure in order to respect deadlines
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply – 24/11/2021
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.