Position – Procurement & Logistics Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Procurement & Logistics Specialist, reporting to the Delivery Lead for Business Procurement in Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area based in Bangalore. You will be responsible to execute material purchase requests as per the technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities are aligned with corporate purchasing policies and procedures under supervision.
- Recommend supports in identifying new suppliers and coordinate with relevant category team. Follow the process to qualify new suppliers in cooperation with supplier quality and engineering specialists.
- Support in negotiating agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions and recommend appropriate actions.
- Adapt corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommend frame agreements to management, ensures approved contractual terms in execution.
- Analyze and evaluate bids within the scope to determine the optimal value. Support bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information within the area of responsibility.
- Track goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing as per available guidelines. Oversee supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and recommends solutions or resolves performance issues within the scope.
- Initiates supply orders in the system, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Align supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conduct all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensure Pro-Supply global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in Pro-Supply procedure within the scope of activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience ranging between 0 – 1 year
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills.
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning