Position – Design Engineer/Project Engineer: NPD-PT
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
As a member of an engineering team, the Project engineer contributes to the development of products.
The development must be done in accordance with the applicable procedures and ensure compliance with the main specification requirements in all aspects (product functionality and quality, development timing & cost, execution costs). Within this mission, the design engineer will apply his / her creativity to achieve an innovative and quality design.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Selection / computation of the main machine components and materials in cooperation with the project team.
- Design Subsystems/Commodities of compressor.
- Person should work independently and support project leader for on time in full project deliverables.
- Look for the innovative techniques other than standard practices been followed.
- Generate innovative ideas through self-study of new technologies in market.
- Be responsible for designing components/assemblies of portable energy products, with all specifications in compliance with functionality, quality, and manufacturability.
- Should do pre study of the assigned activity and come up with proposal followed by Pro’s and Con’s.
- Design multiple concepts, present concepts to project leader & approach for detailed design on approval of concept.
- Delivery of drawings, parts lists and technical instructions that describe the design, based on predefined specifications.
- Has quick understanding & analytical ability to identify potential problems.
- Take initiatives and interact with team.
- Participate in technical discussions within the team with focus on quality and manufacturability of the product.
What you can expect from us?
- An excellent culture
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior, and integrity
- Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion
- Have multiple interactions with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact on interesting projects
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
What we expect of you?
- Should have a strong Engineering technical, analytical background.
- Should have design experience of compressor subsystems or similar products.
- Knowhow of industrial Diesel Engine and emission legislation.
- Strong Knowledge of sheet metal competence.
- Should have good understanding about the engineering activities (NPD and continues improvement projects) within an organization.
- Should be proficient in Inventor (Sheet mental 3D piping, Large assembly handling technique)
- Knowledge of PDM systems- Windchil (CA, ECN creation, Bom structure handling).
- Should have a good knowledge about GD&T and manufacturing processes.
- Should have knowledge of heavy fabrication, canopy design, Welding and Flexible hose design, surface finish and treatments.
Knowledge / Educational requirements
B.E Mechanical with 4+ years of experience.
The successful candidate should have a good mix of the following:
- Basic knowledge to understand the function, relationship, and assembly-sequence of parts and assemblies
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good in communication skills in English.
- Clear & precise communication – good communicator.
- Good in interpersonal skills including self-starter and positive approach.
- Good sense of urgency.
- Should be customer focused.
- Should be a team player with learning attitude.
- Capable of working under time pressure to respect deadlines
- Fast learner
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply – 08/03/2022
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.
Posted Just posted