Position – Calculation & Development Engineer
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
To align the different activities in the Engineering Department at Dapodi Plant (Pune), we are looking for the Oil Free Air Project & Calculation Engineer who will report to Head Engineering.
YOUR MISSION WILL BE TO:
- Core member to undertake Validation, Calculations & publishing of Compressor AML for New / Existing products (Screw + Piston) based on Airtec AML.
- Partner and Guide the Project Team validation of Compressor parts. Setting up future validation and feasibility study techniques.
- Interpretation and partner to adherence to standards and regulations (CE, ISO, API, PED, ASME, SQL)
- Provide solution and oversee solution deployment of Product Maintenance, Field issues to bring Warranty cost down.
- Standardization approach for existing products line during feasibility stage. Strong follower of design reviewer at each phase of project.
- Part level such as Pressure Vessel components etc. Design & Calculation based on country wise approvals CE/ASME/PED/SQL
- Work closely with all departments of Product companies and provide defend Engineering solutions with the required technical information
- Represent the interests and be the voice of the OFA Division within the PC management team.
- Work with cross-functional teams (domestic and global) in the realization of new compressors on the optimization of existing products.
- Involve in the development phase of new products (Screw + Piston), and guide and execute “calculations” within the project team for the description, analysis, and optimization of the various components (subsystems) according to their flow-technical and thermodynamic properties.
- Be part of an OFA Engineering Team, focus on excellence in designing, developing, and manufacturing Atlas Copco compressors and Chicago Pneumatic Compressors Pistons
- Take the lead to expand the export business out of India and lead these export projects in close cooperation with OFA Division in Antwerp.
- Setup Qualification process & active participation for localization of functional parts of compressor along with CFT.
- Engineering Labo & development during NPD & give support to manufacturing Test.
- Time to time basis Part level application / built-in approval from Suppliers for functional parts/compressors.
What you can expect from us?
- Pro-active, positive team player with good interpersonal skills, strong in communication and people-oriented who thrives on working in a dynamic, complex and multicultural business environment.
Self-motivated, independent, flexible, well organized, and methodical.
- Customer-oriented to be able to establish relations and networks with people inside and outside the organization.
- Result-driven: have a drive for results, which means that you put in the ambition and the effort to achieve results and accept accountability.
- Creativity: Ability to come up with solutions to exceptional problems outside the box.
- Have a Customer-Centric Mindset
What we expect of you?
- Engineering Graduate – Thermodynamics / Mechanical
- Relevant technical Post Graduation / Post Graduate Certification from competent authorities will be an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Good knowledge on thermodynamic applications.
- Proficiency in Excel and Knowledge of “Matlab/Simulink with affinity with calculations & modelling will be added advantage”.
- Solid understanding and mature user of MS Office.
- Good BPCS / ERP knowledge.
- Designing and application knowledge of Screw / Piston compressors.
- New Product Development in line with the Atlas Copco group, CTP process.
- Strong technical knowledge of engineered gas compression systems and installations with delivery effectiveness and time scale.
- Customer focus and Strong results orientation.
- Good knowledge & work experience on country wise regulations (approvals) such as ISO/API/CE/ASME/PED/SQL
- As a calculation engineer, you rely on large technical baggage, supplemented with solid product knowledge of OFA (Screw + Piston) products and a strong analytical mind to calculate or select machines (and parts) that meet the desire specifications.
- Leading, influencing, and integrating teams.
- Good command (verbal and written) communication.
- Minimum 5 years of product design and development experience in Thermodynamics & Mechanical engineering.
- Having a proven experience on OFA products (Oil screws, Turbomachines, Pistons machines …)
- Experience working within the Airpower organization in Antwerp is a big asset.