Position – Mechanical Design Engineer- Nuclear
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer – Nuclear
The work is varied and may include some or all of the responsibilities mentioned below:
- Mechanical design of process and piping systems.
- Preparation of conceptual and detailed design packages, including pioneering, design development, and concept evaluation.
- Design by rule scoping calculations including calculation of pressure thickness, nozzle reinforcement, etc.
- Equipment sizing, selection (including material selection), and procurement.
- Piping, pipe support, and piping layout design and performing flexibility analysis.
- Production of manufacturing packages, coordination with manufacturer/contractor, review of vendor drawings/documents.
- Piping and Pressure Vessel design (including valve/ fitting /material selection, specification of bellows, and support specification).
- Preparing conceptual and detailed equipment and piping layouts, piping isometrics.
- Production of deliverables such as design definition and substantiation documents, detailed equipment specifications, pipe material specifications, system performance test specifications.
- Operational design support, failure investigations, and condition assessment.
- Liaising with all stakeholders and responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialization; Coordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap exist.
- Witness pre-commissioning/commissioning activities by the contractor/vendor and produce/review all relevant documentation.
- Preparation of equipment specifications, plant schedules, access, lifting and maintenance strategies, technical risk assessments, and commissioning strategies, cost, and program estimations.
- The candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills, and experience.
- Suitable degree in Mechanical engineering.
- Experience in Nuclear, Power, Oil & Gas or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred.
- Design experience in piping, pipe support, and pipe layout.
- Experience in mechanical design and assessment.
- Exposure to piping fabrication, installation, testing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects or relevant knowledge of process plant operations is desirable.
- Ability to carry out detailed design, analysis, and review others’ work.
- Experience in leading design-oriented nuclear projects strongly preferred.
- Experience of providing strong technical advice and guidance on mechanical engineering design to the client.
- Strong delivery culture, maintaining strict timelines is a must.
- Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office; Proficiency in software tools like CAEPIPE, AutoCAD; knowledge of PDS, PDMS, and other equipment design platforms highly desirable.
- A good understanding and experience working on the specification of equipment such as pumps, valves, piping, steam traps, etc.
- Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Familiar with international design codes and standards (such as ASME BPVC Section III, RCC-M, ASME B31.1, BS EN 13480, and BS EN13445) and recommended practices pertaining to mechanical design, fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, quality assurance, and quality control, etc.
- Strong technical background, with the ability to design HVAC systems using the relevant UK and international codes/standards.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, flexible attitude to the type of work, and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Experience in design management of mechanical systems for single and multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience supporting construction and commissioning phases.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Proven strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed, and concise technical reports (e.g. design substantiations, basis of analysis, safety case support references).
- Flexible to relocate to Bangalore; flexible in traveling to Atkins’ and client’s office locations around the world, if required.
- A competitive salary offered to the right person
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
- Medical Insurance for the employee and family
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee
- Annual bonus/Gratuity scheme
- Medical Expenses Reimbursement
- If you believe you have the right skill, experience, and enthusiasm to succeed in the above position then we would like to hear from you.