Arcadis is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – Arcadis
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
- Ability to design and generate hydraulics and Layout of pump station, and treatment plant.
- Site experience is the execution of project is desirable
- Knowledge of Auto CAD MEP, MEP Revit, Navisworks, and BIM360 is preferable.
- Good understanding of P&ID drawings related to the water and wastewater treatment process.
- Possess technical background and capability to design raw and potable water pumping stations, and sewage pumping stations, particularly in association with pumps and associated piping, preparation of system curve, selection of pumps, process equipment, building services, etc.
- Exposure to piping standards for ductile iron and/or steel large-diameter pipes and drafting material specifications is a must.
- Knowledge of international codes, standards, and practices related to USA/UK/Middle East water industry is preferable.
- Experience within a consultancy environment specifically in the water/wastewater industry will be preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language, with good report writing, analytical and computer skills.
- An out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Preliminary and Detail design of the process mechanical systems associated with municipal and industrial water and/or wastewater treatment facilities and pump stations
- Working independently as well as with a team on various projects in line with client requirement;
- Assisting the Project Managers and ensure the project is delivered with high quality within the program and budget
- Liaising with the lead region to demonstrate an understanding of scope, knowledge, and experience to provide innovative design solutions as per best engineering practices.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Diligent focus on the quality of deliverables
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Compliance to the Arcadis Health and Safety standards
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University. M.E/M. Tech desirable.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in designing mechanical and process equipment for water supply & water treatment plants, sewerage & sewage treatment plants, Industrial Treatment and drainage system.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why equality and inclusion is at the forefront of all our activities. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal-opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, caste, creed, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Transform Your World