Position – Simulation Engineer
Company – Aptiv plc
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv – a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we’re more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We’re dedicated to bringing
the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
As a FEA Analyst you will execute structural analysis of various connection systems products using Abaqus software and give recommendation to the product engineer for product optimization. You have to work closely with product engineers and collaborate with the team in delivering qualitative analysis reports and recommendations on time.
- Build and simulate the product for structural simulation and analyze the results.
- Generate reports and discuss with product engineers on the results and share recommendations.
- Continuously collaborate with product engineer to ensure the expected product optimization achieved.
- Closely communicate and follow-up to ensure the project completion.
- Plan the analysis process and finalize in discussion with the team leader.
- Ensure the delivery of the reports on time in order to meet the product optimization deadlines.
- Continuously work on project execution efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Qualified with Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years or more in automotive structural analysis experience.
- Hands on skills in structural analysis using Abaqus software.
- Proven skills in Automotive connector / Automotive Product validation.
- Basis knowledge in product concepts.
- Stronger foundation in plastic material properties, Solid Mechanics, Strength of Material & Mechanical Vibrations.
- Competence in manufacturing feasibility skills and its application.
- A good communicator, open for challenges, explores full potential to achieve goals.
- Team player who actively collaborate and contribute to achieve the team goals. Highly motivated and help the team to achieve the goals together.
- Self-driven and strong passion in achieving results. Highly accountable for the actions and act as owner.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking, curious to learn continuously and believes in self-development.
- Go getter and passionate to travels extra mile to bring as part of continuous improvement.
- Creative in thinking, innovative mindset and does not settle for less.
Traits we seek
- People manager who owns the team as well as individual responsibilities and acts with urgency in meeting the organizational objectives.
- Demonstrating by example.
- An effective communicator, actively collaborates with diverse cross functional teams of internal and external in nature.
- Drive for changes with high level of ownership to win as a team.
- Problem solving and critical thinking capabilities, inquisitiveness to learn continuously with growth mindset.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with bonus opportunities
- Competitive health benefits
- Learning and development environment
- Innovation opportunities and recognitions
- Opportunities to collaborate with global talents
Privacy Notice – Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.