Position – Design Engineer (Thermal Analysis)
Company – Aptiv
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As the analyst you will meet the Thermal analysis requirements of wide variety of Connection Systems products using Abaqus software and give recommendation to the product engineer for product optimization. You will have to work closely with product engineers and collaborate with the team in delivering qualitative analysis reports and recommendations on time.
You will collaborate with our Product Engineering team located globally in order to deliver the analysis requirements on time in achieving the goals of the organization in meeting the customer requirements.
- Creating thermal models for connection system products in cooperation with product / system engineers
- Conducting Electro-Thermal / CFD simulations
- Creation of reports from analysis results and suggest improvement proposals
- Continuously collaborate with product engineer to ensure the expected product optimization is achieved.
- Closely communicate and follow-up to ensure the project completion with internal / external customers.
- Continuously work on project execution efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Ensure delivery of the reports on time.
- Improving of quality and accuracy of FEM analyses & LAB validation.
- Qualified with Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical / Thermal Engineering
- 3 years or more in Automotive Thermal analysis experience.
- Proven skills in Automotive connector / Automotive Product validation.
- Hands on skills in thermal analysis using Abaqus software. Additional knowledge on ANSYS-ICEPAK, Flotherm will be good.
- Knowledge of Heat flow theory
- Knowledge in electrical / temperature measurement methods in Lab.
- Basics knowledge in plastic material properties, Strength of Material & Mechanical Vibrations.
- Competence in manufacturing feasibility skills and its application.
- A good communicator, open for challenges, explores full potential to achieve goals.
- Team player who actively collaborate and contribute to achieve the team goals. Highly motivated and help the team to achieve the goals together
- Self-driven and strong passion in achieving results. Highly accountable for the actions and act as owner.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking, curious to learn continuously and believes in self-development.
- Go getter and passionate to travels extra mile to bring as part of continuous improvement.
- Creative in thinking, innovative mindset and does not settle for less.
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation include : Bonus potential & Healthcare benefits.
- Learning and professional growth and development environment.
- Recognition for innovation and excellence.
- Opportunities to collaborate with global talents.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world.
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 160,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice – Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.