Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Applied Materials
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions. Virtually every new chip produced and every advanced display in the world has been processed as one of our solutions. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team. While virtually every nationality, culture, and background is currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity.
You will be part of the Business Unit which is striving to deliver value-added products to Customers at competitive prices. Our group creates a platform to Commercialize indigenously developed Products. Your day-to-day work will involve intense interactions with subject matter experts, Regional counterparts, commodity business managers, and Design engineering authorities. If you are a person who likes to experiment with unconventional ideas, define the solution using first principles, and have a natural affinity towards creating technology products, then this will be the right opportunity for you.
You will have the freedom to create new solutions by transforming your innovative ideas into products. You will be collaborating with experts from diverse backgrounds which will expand your horizon and bring in growth in responsibility and career. You will be constantly pushing the limits of the technology and will be growing as an expert in a functional area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Review Engineering Drawings and documents per corporate standards and Industry standards Review Drawings & documents for Manufacturability and guide for improvement Communicate errors to the engineering team effectively, Track errors, and provide metrics and guides for reducing errors. Participate in CCB (Change control board) meetings, work with stakeholders, and drive change implementations. Review MBD (Model based design) parts per standard.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Masters or Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- At least 4 years of experience in the design of components, semiconductor or machine tool industry, working with vacuum and clean room environments
- Worked on new product development, involved in the product design life cycle from the concept and feasibility phase to prototype development to hand off to high-volume manufacturing.
- Excellent communicators can present his/her ideas clearly and can explain the approach to the solution of a technical problem succinctly
- Fast learner, open to new ideas
- Excellent reading & understanding of the manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of drafting standards, ASME Y 14.5, ASMY Y14.41, GD&T standard, their use & interpretation on the prints.
- Exposure to any 3D modeling tool (UG/Solid works/Pro-E)
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge of change management process.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of PLM tool.
- Think of Critical specifications on the drawing and the challenges to produce those.
- Exposure to MBD (Model based definition)
Project management skills:
- Ability to work with Cross-Functional Teams.
- Time management skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Effective presentation skills.