Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Applied Materials Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Perform engineering analysis under general supervision
- Design or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of moderate scope under general supervision
- Perform and document engineering tests under general supervision
- Generate related alpha/gamma documentation for product release under general supervision
- Coordinate the procurement and assembly of mechanical components/equipment and identify sources of critical parts and subsystems to resolve moderately complex technical issues
- Troubleshoot a variety of mechanical problems of moderate difficultly under general supervision
- Implement concepts of moderate product issues and mechanical solutions of moderate difficulty
- May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
About the Company
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations Make Possible a Better Future.