Position – CAE Engineer
Company – Applied Materials Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex mechanical problems with limited to no supervision
Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers
Specify the development of, design, or modify engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope
Interface with internal and external customers regarding wide range of complex mechanical issues for specific project
Implements concepts for range of complex product issues and solutions
May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes. Serves as technical expert on specialized projects or programs
Generate product specifications
Define, coordinate, perform, and generate engineering test reports. Specify and review engineering documentation. Specify or perform engineering analysis of complex scope with limited to no supervision
Requires strong CFD modeling skills in fluid flow and chemical reaction modeling, who is eager to use simulations to solve complex problems and test the hypotheses. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Work on simulation problems independently with minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Works with product development teams in developing CFD models to analyze the problems related to Flow, Thermal, EM and Plasma environment. Interpret analysis results with respect to results obtained by lab testing procedures, converting these results into practical design suggestions. Works on difficult CAE problems to assist product development. Works on identifying product design and development problems where CAE analysis can accelerate development. Proactively validates/correlates results with real world data and makes model improvements as deemed necessary. Very good understanding of business unit processes and hardware; good knowledge of data analysis techniques to summarize CAE data. Generates high-level engineering test reports and presents CAE results/conclusions to the design/process engineering community. Interfaces with internal and external customers on troubleshooting product issues. Interfaces with key suppliers to develop new technology or engaged in new CAE technology development internally.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of fluid dynamics (continuum and molecular flows)
- Expert user of commercially available CFD analysis tools such as CFD-ACE+, Ansys Fluent/CFX and COMSOL
- Expert in using meshing software like ICEM or Ansys WB
- Preferable to have knowledge to use DSMC (direct simulation Monte Carlo) simulations for sputtering and evaporation in vacuum applications
- Preferable to have knowledge of Plasma related simulations
- Knowledge of Electrical and Magnetic field modelling
- Strong skills in problem solving, teamwork and quality
- Must be a good communicator, enthusiastic, cooperative and must be a team player
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; will lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- MS/M.Tech in Thermal and Fluids Engineering or Electrical Magnetic Field (Mechanical Engineering) with 10+ years of experience or PhD in Thermal and Fluids Engineering or Electrical Magnetic Field (with 7+ years of experience)
Education: – Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: – 7 – 10 Years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.