Spread the love
Position – Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Company – Apple
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
- The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Proven experience in manufacturing and Quality Control.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Solid understanding of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations.
- Experience with the development and evaluation of measurement systems
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem-solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis, and statistical analytical tools
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering
- In this highly visible role, you will have the chance to create a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come.
- We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple’s renowned designs.
- Partner with multi-functional teams to evaluate design and processes at the concept phase.
- Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve results-oriented specifications at extensive production scale.
- Develop and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools to evaluate cosmetic and dimensional part characteristics.
- Compile and evaluate data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process and part specifications
- Lead activities to balance unparalleled quality with scalable yields
- Work with internal and external groups to ensure that accurate definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product
- Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure consistency to Apple quality standards
- Evaluate and communicate yields of new and existing processes
- Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with partners
- Travel internationally to supplier sites – 25%
Education & Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology, or similar
Spread the love