Position – Technical Support Engineer II
Company – ANSYS
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for helping customers and ANSYS channel partners solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. The Technical Support Engineer position involves working closely with ANSYS customers and internal teams in a consultative and supportive technical role. The ability to research problems and find solutions to a wide variety of problems is paramount. The position is a key member of a positive, dynamic team of engineers committed to solving complex customer issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers to help diagnose issues, as well as research and find solutions to a wide variety of increasingly complex problems, in order to improve customers’ productivity and satisfaction with ANSYS products
- Personally, own the customer support experience, practice positive messaging, always be courteous and tactful in all interactions
- Contribute individually and as part of the technical support team to continually sustain and enhance our support processes and customers’ satisfaction with ANSYS technical support
- Collaborate with product development to improve ANSYS products and the customers’ experience using these products
- Participation in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, sales enablement, and professional growth
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace/Mechanical/Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience in an engineering software environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to implement numerical models to obtain practical engineering solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as with others in a diverse team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with using commercial or in-house FEA software for real-world, industry-level applications is desirable
- Customer service aptitude
- Available for occasional travel (about 5%)
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down to the organization. They have shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about learning, discovery, and collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.