Position – Mechanical Engineer
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- This position requires the candidate to have a technical degree (preferably ME) and approximately 6 to 8 years’ experience in a mechanical engineering role, knowledge of good engineering practices, and a strong competence mechanical drawing. Being able to work competently while independently situated is valued, along with solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Update and assist in the maintenance of a technical library of 2-D and 3-D drawings primarily related to electronic assemblies and enclosures.
- Update documents to uniform layouts and conventions.
- Create new documents from older versions that may be incomplete, hand-edited, or in non-standard formats.
- Create diagrams for inclusion in assembly procedures required by manufacturing technicians.
- Create documents for parts, assemblies, 3D models, etc. utilized for engineering, for sales and support literature, and in response to direct customer requests.
- Work with engineering and quality staff to develop tolerancing and dimensional stack-ups.
- Assist purchasing agent by verifying current drawing revisions provided to parts vendors.
- Update drawings as needed to reflect engineering change orders.
- Provide engineering team with the capability to design parts, assemblies, test equipment, etc. primarily related, but not limited to, electronic enclosures housing printed circuit boards and small x-ray sensors.
- Grow into the role of being a primary mechanical designer on a project, working in conjunction with electronic designers and other scientific staff.
- Preferably have a good familiarity with PCB related design and interplay with mechanical design.
- Create PCB design constraints for developing a PCB layout, e.g. identifying connector locations, defining keep-outs, identifying height restrictions.
- Utilize design files created by PCB design software.
- The interface between MCAD and ECAD.
- Preferable software familiarity.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor preferred.
- Knowledge of additional Autodesk products useful, e.g. AutoCAD, Fusion, etc.
Other desirable capabilities.
- Experience in computational thermal dynamics and/or FEA tools.