Position – Commissioning Engineer
Company – Amazon data Service India Pvt. Ltd.
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Understand the design concept and intent by reviewing mechanical or electrical construction documentation, including drawings, specifications, vendor submittals, and sequences of operations
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, pre-functional checklists, startup and functional test scripts developed by others, maintainability and constructability enhancements
- Review documentation for compliance with Amazon standards, industry standards, and design specifications
- Assess the capability of commissioned systems to match the design intent
- Verify the system’s performance, including establishing acceptance criteria, obtaining completed reports, performing verification, and spot-checking for validation
- Assist in as-built documentation and review for accuracy and completeness
- Communicate commissioning issues, questions, and concerns through proper channels in a timely manner
- Work with internal and external teams to assure testing equipment is calibrated
Project Support for India
- Develop project-specific commissioning schedule and plans for India
- Conduct commissioning coordination meetings as needed with project management, control, balance, and startup representatives
- Review system specific test scripts and sequences of operations
- Return complete and legible commissioning documentation to the ACx regional manager for alignment with global standards and policies.
- Track commissioning issues until resolved and closed
- Coordinate and manage to commission authority work in accordance with Amazon practice and documentation
- Represent Amazon at project-specific commissioning coordination meetings for India
- Ability and willingness to travel, as may be needed
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Work at heights and from ladders.
- Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration with potential for night and weekends
- Respond to off-hour emergency calls.
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
- Apply muscular force quickly to objects and equipment
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Work in environments that are colder or hotter than a normal office environment
Amazon Data Services India Private Limited is looking for a dynamic Commissioning Engineer. It is the responsibility of all Amazonians to learn and follow the leadership principals. Successful candidates will be based in India.
- The responsibilities of the ACx Commissioning Engineer (CxE) include, but are not limited to, oversight and coordination of multi-discipline division of work related to pre-commissioning and commissioning of Amazon critical infrastructure construction and special projects. The CxE is responsible for supporting and supervising vendors, contractors, and other teams involved in the construction and commissioning of various systems including medium and low voltage power systems, Generators, UPS, HVAC, Chilled Water, BMS and EPMS systems. He or she provides multi-discipline input into the scheduling, designing and planning of projects. In addition, the CxE will be required to review all multi-discipline integrated systems testing and commissioning documents to ensure they are compliant with the basis of design, specifications and standards of the project. It is the CxE responsibility to ensure that all commissioning procedures follow the appropriate safety practices, policies and procedures. He or she enthusiastically participates in all project and company safety programs. CxE must also audit commissioning activities continuously to ensure compliance with environmental, quality, and safety requirements. The CxE proactively informs the ACx Regional Manager and along with the ACx team to ensure that the applicable test documents are created in accordance with all commissioning requirements so that this is aligned with the global standards and practices. Following the AWS project reporting format, the CxE is responsible for weekly reporting of commissioning progress and metrics for assigned project.
Will work on multiple projects simultaneously, under aggressive deadlines, while maintaining project budget according to prescribed financial metrics.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook required; advanced knowledge of SharePoint (or similar) preferred.
- Advance knowledge of mechanical systems and basic knowledge of electrical and fire alarm/life safety systems.
- Advance knowledge of mechanical or electrical control systems.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (design drawings, control diagrams, specifications, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical or electrical systems design.
- 5 years’ experience in any one of the following areas: Commissioning; Mechanical or Electrical Design; Construction Project Management; Control System installation or maintenance; HVAC testing and balancing; Facilities operations and/or maintenance.
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree.
- The successful candidate will work at sites located for India and be part of the Global team.
- Ability and willingness to travel 70% travel international and domestic
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role