Position – Manufacturing Engineer
Company – Altra Industrial Motion Corp.
Location – India
Portescap offers miniature motor technologies to solve the motion needs of a spectrum of end
markets, from medical devices to various industrial applications that save, improve and
enhance lives. We serve our customers through breadth of innovative product technologies
encompassing brushless DC, Brush DC, Canstack Motors, Disc Magnet Motors and Stepper
Linear Actuators to optimize application performance.
Portescap is part of Altra Industrial Motion group which is a leading global designer, producer
and marketer of a wide range of mechanical power transmission and motion control
components and products. With our global footprint and an extraordinary team of 9000+
employees worldwide, we sell our products in over 70 countries throughout the world and
serve a diverse group of industries. The Altra portfolio of products includes Clutches & Brakes,
Couplings, and Gearing & Power Transmission Components and are marketed under well
recognized and established brand names. We have culture rooted in continuous improvement
and the core of the company’s operating model is the Altra Business System (ABS).
This position will be responsible for performing a wide variety of complex duties such as
implementing and maintaining manufacturing operation sequences, specifications and
equipment, requirements for production/ assembly of new and existing products.
Manufacturing Engineer will primarily focus on supporting production by implementing and
improving manufacturing processes to achieve maximum production improvements, in cycle
time, waste reduction, defect reduction and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of shift supervision.
- Identifying the root cause of the problems and implementing corrective actions to
prevent them from occurring in the future.
- Implementation of Poka Yoke for improving quality and production.
- Trouble shooting manufacturing problems and implementing sustainable corrective
- Enhance current line set-ups to maximize output and increase quality.
- Perform appropriate tests for specification and reliability.
- Providing guidance to the operators and training them on the job.
- Familiarity of tools like SPC, FMEA’s, Lean Manufacturing and KANBAN.
- Utilize a systematic approach for analyzing operations to optimize overall manufacturing
quality, delivery, and cost
- Serves as the manufacturing team player on a product development team.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures as required and achieving hourly
- Approval of in- process Electrical & Mechanical inspection report (set up / first five piece
/ process parameter sheet / IPQC document)
- Kit Arrangement for next shift in coordination with planner & Store
- Shift-wise clearance of scrap (NCCR with correct root cause)
- Daily updation of Visual management boards – PPH/ Productivity / RTY / with RCCM
- Handling of Defective goods received from the customers (Preliminary testing and
- Monthly/Weekly scrap analysis and actions to be identified along with Process Quality.
- Knowledge on Lean manufacturing systems and 5S implementation.
- To report Accident/Incident / unsafe condition / unsafe act to safety manager and
- Maintain and sustain ISO documentation
- Build plan analysis & manpower planning (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and be responsive to production’s
- Good PC skills (MS- Office and Internet)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma (with 4- 5 Years) / Bachelor’s (with 1-2 Years) in Mechanical / Production with
minimum 1-2 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Shop Floor experience in mass manufacturing / assembly of functional products
- Internal: Manufacturing, Quality, Process, Stores
- External: Vendors
- Ability to collaborate across functions
- Ability to take full ownership and should take initiative in resolving collection related
- Alertness and high sense of urgency to resolve issues and communicate feedback to
- Is proactive and takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming
obstacles and setbacks.
- Fluency in English and Hindi/Marathi