Position – Validation and Application Engineer-Thermo-Fluid System Design
Company – Altair Engineering
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
Validation and Application Engineer- Thermo-Fluid System Design
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
In this role, you will be primarily working on the validation of physics and application engineering projects involving real-world problems for Thermo-Fluid System analysis software, Flow Simulator. You will be part of a compact team striving to provide a robust engineering software product to our customers. This role provides an excellent platform to learn how thermal-fluid analysis is done in the industry and to eventually transition to software product development for interested candidates.
What You Will Do:
- Perform solver physics validation and user interfaces quality assurance to discover problems before product release.
- Verify results of new software features to experimental and theoretical data.
- Suggest product improvements to the development team.
- Provide customer support for Flow Simulator issues and modeling questions.
What You Will Need:
- 0-1 of experience with Masters or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace engineering with a focus in Thermal and Fluid Science
- Strong understanding of incompressible flow fluid mechanics and heat transfer
- Fundamental knowledge in scientific programming using FORTRAN, C++, or Python
- Familiarity with flow network modeling
- A can succeed attitude and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Familiarity with commercial or academic 1D flow applications
- Knowledge of gas turbine Secondary Air Systems (SAS)
- Advanced academic background in Thermal and Fluid sciences
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Why Work With Us:
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high performance computing (HPC) and data analytics. Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration.
To learn more, please visit altair.com . Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD