Position – Validation and Application Engineer- Thermo-Fluid System Design
Company – Altair Engineering
Exp. – 0 to 1 year
Location – Bengaluru
In this role, you will be primarily working on validation of physics and application engineering projects involving real world problems for Thermo-Fluid System analysis software, Flow Simulator. You will be part of a compact team striving to provide a robust engineering software product to our customers. This role provides an excellent platform to learn how thermal-fluid analysis is done in industry and to eventually transition to a software product development for interested candidates.
What You Will Do:
- Perform solver physics validation and user interface quality assurance to discover problems before product release.
- Verify results of new software features to experimental and theoretical data.
- Suggest product improvements to the development team.
- Provide customer support for Flow Simulator issues and modeling questions.
What You Will Need:
- 0-1 of experience with Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace engineering with focus in Thermal and Fluid Science
- Strong understanding in compressible flow fluid mechanics and heat transfer
- Fundamental knowledge in scientific programming using FORTRAN, C , or Python
- Familiarity with flow network modeling
- A can succeed attitude and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Familiarity with commercial or academic 1D flow applications
- Knowledge of gas turbine Secondary Air Systems (SAS)
- Advanced academic background in Thermal and Fluid sciences
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business Firsts
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Altair Product – Design is staffed by an integrated team of 800+ people from over 45 offices worldwide. Together, we break the boundaries of engineering and design. What We DoFrom concept to execution, or at any stage of your product lifecycle let Altair ProductDesign offer our expertise. Product Development? Design and analysis support from the component level up to complete product engineering at any stage of the lifecycle. Industrial Design?End-to-end product development, strategy, and design services, all under one roof. Workflow Automation? Increasing engineering efficiency by creating customizable process flows that automate CAE tasks. Staffing Services? Supplying engineering and IT resources onsite and offsite at all skill levels.