Position – Mechanical Lead Engineer: COE Interior
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Interiors Mechanical Lead Engineer-COE Interior (MLE)
Purpose of the Job/Objective
- Is accountable for the interiors parts engineering of passenger interiors, front end, driver cab in tender and project phases.
- Reports to: Interiors Engineering Group Leader
- Manages: Interiors CAD and Mechanical Engineers, Sub-contractors CAD Engineers.
Network & Links
- Internal Interfaces: CoE Team: Project Managers, Costing manager, Industrial Manager, Buyers, SPQD engineer, Bid manager
- Internal Customers: Train Design Engineer (TDE), Site ME / MLE
- External Interfaces: Suppliers, Engineering sub-contractors
- Design reviews on-time
- Design review opened/closed issues
- GO tooling on-time
- 3D freeze on-time
- Documentation OTIF
- Number of modifications after 3D freeze
- Spent engineering hours vs. budget
- Respect of cost (recurrent and non-recurrent) target
- Manage functionally a team of Interiors engineers and/or external engineering sub-contractors.
- Provide technical support to allow Interiors project manager and Engineering Group Leader to monitor supplier engineering
- Deploy and apply development procedures, catalogue and standard solutions.
Tenders & Projects
- Ensure deliverables quality & their acceptance by internal customer
- Define concept of interior fitting according to standard solution of CoE rules
- Organize Design / Verification reviews and provides the associated reports.
- Is responsible for the respect of recurring and non-recurring cost targets for interior parts of his/her scope
- Is responsible for the respect of interiors parts engineering planning on his/her scope
- Support Validation Engineer in establishing Certification & Validation Plans (including F&S and Safety).
- Ensure configuration management of his/her scope
- Provide inputs for the mock-up activity
- Provide support to Indus and production teams during manufacturing ramp-up.
- Prepare activities of CAD and Mechanical Engineers
- Support Quality team during suppliers reviews
Provide support to sourcing:
- Analyse the suppliers technical offers (clause by clause)
- Participate to Business Award preparation in project phase
Monitor, control and consolidate his/her scope. As such:
- Organize and lead his/her scope reviews
- Manage Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan
- Report his/her targets to Engineering Group Leader (QCD consolidation and risks).
Knowledge & Experience :
- Engineer with 5 years experience in Interiors engineering in the Railway industry
- Knows and use CATIA V5
- Has already worked with suppliers
- Able to demonstrate management of small engineering teams
- Ability to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet the deadline.
- Able to work in an international environment and matrix organization structure.
- Good written and spoken communication skills (at least in English).
Team size : Up to 6 CAD or ME
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Front End, Technical Support, Technology