ALSTOM is Hiring | Mechanical Engineer – Carbody Shell |
Position – Mechanical Engineer – Carbody Shell
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job Title (Job Code): Engineer – Carbody Shell EN-DR-30_002 AG07- Tier 2
PURPOSE OF THE JOB :Carbody Body Structure & Interface Design for global rolling stock
Reports directly to: Lead Engineer – Carbody Shell
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES :
- Delivery of Car bodyshell Engineering outputs, in compliance with the Engineering QCD commitments.
- Deploys and applies on project Train Design activities
- Ability to design & lead small area of work on NPD / carryover product
- Organizes and leads his work package reviews for the project he/she is in charge
- Manages Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan,
- Reports his targets to Train Design Engineer/Metier manager (QCD consolidation and risks).
- Good understanding of vehicle architecture and systems and their methods of installation.
- Supports Lead engineer in establishing product design & reviews to meet the project deadlines.
- Supports industrialization and production teams during manufacturing ramp-up.
- Defines and monitors the conformity Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries and other providers with project needs.
- Good awareness of the product cost drivers and an ability to optimize solutions to achieve a cost-effective product that meets the functionality and performance requirements.
- Manage work package from other ALSTOM site with partners (Managing the Small team of External suppliers)
- Knowledge about Materials like Austenitic Stainless steel, ALUMINIUM , Carbon steel & there use on structural elements
- Corrosion aspects & sealing.
Educational Requirements Bachelor of Engineering / Master in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Graduated / Post Graduate from Premier Engineering College.
- 3-8 years’ experience on core structural design of rolling stock / automotive BIW / Aircraft structure.
- Experience of structural design & Sheet metal Design
- Good knowledge on the sheet metal, extrusion manufacturing & related processes.
- Must have knowledge about welding processes, welding standards
- DFEMA knowledge & exaction on projects.
- Functional Tolerancing & Dimensioning using tools
- Strong CATIA , DMA ENOVIA skill to perform design activity.
- Rolling stock structure design
- Knowledgeable of CRF manufacturing
- Meshing tool & basic hand calculation
Competencies & Skills
- Structural Design
- Sheet Metal Design
- CATIA V5 / V6
- PLM / DMA / ENOVIA
- Sheet metal Design
- Functional dimensioning & tolerancing
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.