Position – Mechanical Engineer – Carbody Shell
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture complete transport systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of over 75,000 people working to solve real-world mobility challenges and deliver international projects with lasting local impact.
Job title (job code): Engineer – Bodywork EN-DR-30_002 AG07 – Level 2
Scope of Work: Global Rolling Stock Body Structure and Interface Design
Reports directly to: Senior Engineer – Bodywork
- In compliance with QCD engineering promises, provide automobile body engineering production.
- Use and deploy in project train design activities.
- Capability to design and lead small-scale NPD/Carryover product development activities
- Organize and lead work package evaluations for projects over which he has authority.
- Manage risk assessments and mitigation strategies, and report to the Train Design Engineer/Metier Manager on its objectives (QCD integration and risk).
- Excellent understanding of vehicle construction and systems, as well as installation procedures.
- Assist Principal Engineer in developing the product design and reviewing it to achieve project deadlines.
- During manufacturing improvements, assist industrialization and production teams.
- Define and monitor mechanical subsystem deliveries and other suppliers’ compliance with project requirements. Excellent awareness of product cost factors, as well as the ability to optimize solutions to deliver cost-effective products that fulfill functional and performance criteria.
- Manage work packages from different Alstom locations in collaboration with partners (manage a small team of external suppliers)
- Understanding of materials such as austenitic stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon steel, as well as their applications on structural elements
- Aspects of corrosion and sealing.
- Requirements for Education Master of Mechanical/Industrial Engineering/Bachelor of Engineering
Graduated from Premier Engineering College.
- 3-8 years of basic structural design experience in rolling stock/automotive body/aircraft structure.
- Knowledge of structural and sheet metal design
- Sheet metal, extrusion manufacturing, and associated techniques are all familiar to you.
- Must comprehend the welding process, welding standards, DFEMA expertise, and programme requirements.
- Using tools for functional tolerance and dimensioning
- Design tasks need strong CATIA, DMA, and ENOVIA expertise.
- Design of rolling stock’s structural components
Find out more about CRF production tools and simple manual calculations.
Capacities and skills
- Sheet metal design structural design
- PLM/DMA/ENOVIA sheet metal design in CATIA V5/V6
- Tolerances and functional dimensions
Our company is built on an agile, inclusive, and responsible culture that allows diverse employees to grow, learn, and succeed in their professions. We are dedicated to assisting our workers in reaching their maximum potential while also appreciating and respecting them as people.