Position – Installation Engineer-CAD
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi, and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out of its state-of-the-art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. the section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with the Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world-class rolling stock, components, design, research, and development to not only serve the domestic market but also rest of the world.www.alstom.com/ India
NETWORK & LINKS:
During project execution: Project Installation Engineering Leader, PrYM, Project site Installation engineering team and Installation supervision team, Installation Subcontractor team a/o customer, Project Engineering (IXL, ATC, ATS, N&T) teams, PrEM, PrIDM, PrPM, PrQSM, Project EHS Manager, Installation Technician / Expert
During bid preparation: Installation Tender Leader, Bid Manager, Bid documentation Manager
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Prepare and execute Installation engineering activities in support to one or several Bids / Projects
- Prepares and executes Installation design activities – Drawings, documentation, specification, Method statement, …- in support of one or several Bids / Projects in conformance with Transport / ADM policies and standards, applicable regulations, and standards (including local regulations, professional standards, EHS, language translations, etc.)
- Makes sure the documentation delivered is in accordance with the project execution requirements: customer, installation subcontractor, local regulation, …
- Reports to the Installation Engineering Leader / Prym on any anomalies versus the reference library and/or the local standard and propose any improvement / potential evolution of the reference library.
Qualifications & Skills:
- B.E/B.Tech Engineering Graduate
- Time Management Skills
EXPERIENCE / SKILL SET
- 4+ years of Experience in CAD activities.
- Language Skills: Proficient in the English language
- IT Skills: MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.