Position – Industrial Quality Manager
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world.www.alstom.com/India
NETWORK & LINKS:
- Strong links with Industrialization & Supply Chain teams on Rolling Stock & Component sites, Sourcing, EPU, PrQSM, PrIM, APSYS, PME.
- Customers representative, suppliers, sub-contractors
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Manage the industrial Quality Team in order to ensure the deliveries from the Site are at the right quality level
Guarantee the compliance of the purchased & manufactured products:
- he/she relies on the QSP competencies in the Site Quality organization and executes incoming inspections according to Alstom’s standards & methods.
- Works in close relation with the SQA teams, especially on NCR management.
Validate manufacturing control plans by.
- Controlling plans are written in close relationship with PME teams.
- Measures the quality produced by the manufacturing process.
Improve quality level per main processes ((Welding, Painting, Mechanical Fitting, Electrical Fitting)
- Perform analysis & manage actions to improve the outgoing product quality
- Develop Automatic Test to increase Test Coverage + Accuracy and decrease Time to test
- Escalade the anomalies detected on the production lines & ensure their effective treatment (QRQC tool).
Manage the industrial quality team.
- Implement people management cycle in force within Alstom.
Support Manufacturing for quality topics
- Stop the production in case of a defect which justifies mandatory rework.
- Support manufacturing teams to develop self-inspection.
- Ensure quality animation methodology, in line with APSYS requirements
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably electromechanical, electrical, material, mechanical…) or equivalent
- Experience in managing Quality tools and problem-solving tools.
- Knowledge of railway industry (norms, certifications…) would be an asset
- Awareness on Processes and Products delivered in the project,
- Experience in Quality / audit are appreciated
- Fluent in English
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of 15+ years
- Rigor, Communication, knowledge of Quality standard (ISO9001, IRIS, CMMI, …) and quality tools
- Experience in operational activities and in documentation management
- Collaboration and team working,
Location for the role – Coimbatore
Travel – Yes
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Supply, Finance, Operations, Management