Position – Engineer Manufacturing
Company – Alstom
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/India
Network & Links:
- Quality & CI
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain & Warehouse
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Capacity /workload management – People Utilization, Productivity improvement, tools management, Internal & External Demerits, Cost of Non Quality from Rework time and material, First Yield Pass at testing & final quality control, Customer Service Level – Delivery Performance, MPS Accuracy (%)
- Ensure safety, respect of work equipment and environment: enforce company safety rules, improve EHS Manage production teams (monitor daily activities)
- Deliver production in line with quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Define and drive the implementation of improvement plans on operational (Q, C, D) and managerial (absenteeism, safety) results,
- Further implement the performance system (APSYS),
- Develop autonomous production teams (develop team efficiency, multi-skills), Represent Site management towards employees.
Environment, Health and Safety
- Enforce safety rules and maintain production means in good working order. Take all appropriate measures in case of risk,
- Ensure safety training is provided to newcomers
- Improve Safety in the scope : communicate, perform GPI (General planned inspection), evaluate risks, react to each incident by implementing improvement actions…etc),
- Analyze accidents, make sure that related action plans are implemented.
- Ensure production according to quality required by the customer
- Ensure that procedures are respected and self-inspection performed
- Ensure rework and non-conformances (internal and external) are treated
- Organize problem solving : participate, escalate information if necessary, call for assistance from support functions, track eradication
- Organize the update of specific technical work permits and self-inspection validations
- Drive autonomous teams’ work in order to comply with production planning (anticipate problems)
Define and implement corrective actions when late versus planning
- In line with concerned work packages, stick to and manage the monthly cost base :
Optimize the allocation of available resources, track individual time sheets
Manage budget through indicators (productivity & overheads)
Participate in continuous improvement of processes.
- Manage autonomous teams around SQCD objectives : by using visual management, participates to daily meetings of the autonomous teams, communicate objectives and information needed for their achievement, bring teams problems up and organize their solving (request assistance from support functions when necessary)
- Drive the continuous improvement of results : communicate objectives, involve teams, implement actions, pull and implement improvement ideas, initiate improvement workshops (SWIP) and problem solving groups (PDCA methodology), track improvement (visual management), communicate results.
- Define management of Production organisation (planning, manufacturing, testing, logistics, quality inspection, industrialization, etc).
- To deploy Industrial Strategies in-line with Product Line Management Committee decisions
- Participate in the investment/budget planning.
- Active Participation during New Product Introduction (NPI) along with Industrialization & Transfer of technology
- Capturing of Return of experience (REX) from Shop floor on quality and productivity aspects
- Workforce Management and Planning as per Site Sales & Operations plan (Long term production planning)
- Ensure that the function is resourced adequately, in terms of number of people and skills.
- Manage the department KPIs
- Be responsible for the correct implementation for APSYS pertaining to Manufacturing domain
Qualification & Skills:
- B.E – Electrical / Mechanical
- 3 to 5 years of experience in relevant area
- Knowledge of production system (lean manufacturing), and basics in Supply Chain
- Ability to summarize and focus on the critical issues
- Working together with CFT to drive results
- Good Communication skills
- Multi-cultural Management Teamwork and Customer oriented
- Data driven and courageous, rigor – Ability to manage teams in cross and multicultural relationships
Location for the role – Coimbatore
Travel – If yes, how much (10%)
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com