Position – Discipline Engineer – Aero-X
Company – Alstom
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Title of the job: Discipline Engineer – Aero-X
Purpose of the Job
To have competencies/skills in AT-BGL team to support on Bids and projects execution
Reporting to Domain Leader – General Studies
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Is accountable for the Flow Analysis (External and Internal) in compliance with the Engineering QCD commitments.
- Should be familiar with the tools like Hypermesh, Star CCM+, ICEM-CFD.
- Deploys and applies on project Train Design development procedures.
Monitors, controls and consolidates his work package. As such:
- Organizes his work package reviews for the project he/she is in charge,
- Manages Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan
- Reports his targets to Train Design Engineer/Metier manager (QCD consolidation and risks)
- Good understanding of vehicle architecture and systems and their methods of installation
- Good awareness of the cost drivers and an ability to optimize solutions to achieve a cost-effective system that meets the functionality and performance requirements
- Supports Train Design Engineer in establishing Certification & Validation Plans.
- Defines and monitors the conformity to Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries and other providers with project needs
- Supports industrialization and production teams during manufacturing ramp-up.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 5 Years of Experience with M.Tech in Thermal/Fluids/CFD
- Should be familiar with tools – Hypermesh, Star CCM+, ICEM-CFD
- Good Knowledge in developing concepts of Flow analysis and Vehicle Architecture
- Exposure to external Aerodynamics and Aero-Acoustics will be preferred
- Strong Fundamentals in Fluid Dynamics and heat transfer
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Type: Experienced