Position – Engineer – Design Mechanical
Company – Allegion
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team
- Be able to prioritize work, meet agreed on project timelines, cost, and quality.
- Be able to work with little supervision.
- Develop working knowledge of product families in assigned area
- Quickly learns established engineering processes (like Product development process, ECN, BOM, RFQ, etc.), standards, methods, and procedures needed to accomplish assigned tasks with discipline.
- Build & develop work practices, skills, and competencies.
- Have strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams located globally.
- Ability to solve problems and work with others to resolve problems.
- Contribute to multiple projects at a time with specific deliverables.
- Maintain periodic customer contact.
- Participate in customer presentations.
- Work on projects assigned by manager or sought out by the individual.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal, written, and spoken communication skills (English).
- Have the ability to clearly present technical information to other groups/teams.
- Have the ability to sort out key technical issues independently.
- Have an understanding of the assumptions being made in an approximation.
- Have the ability to generate several alternative solutions and evaluate their feasibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated experience executing mechanical component-level design and development with little supervision in support of larger projects.
- Proven experience developing 3D models using pro-E/Creo
- Strong in Engineering fundamentals and hand calculation.
- Familiarity with engineering tools including FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, GD&T, Tolerance Stack Analysis & DFM/DFA.
- Experience with FEA is a bonus.
- An engineering bachelor degree
- 3-5years of experience in the design of complex sheet metal formed parts/assemblies