Position – Operational Buyer
Company – Alfa Laval
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We are passionate about what we do and if you are too, come join us as an Operational Buyer and stay for the challenge!!
Alfa Laval India is looking for a Operational Buyer to be based out of Dapodi, Pune location . This position is being created to secure that unit meets short term and mid term purchasing goals to meet customer expectations pro actively working with local & global interfaces following Alfa Laval core values.
About the Job:
The scope of the role to include below responsibilities:
- Place and communicate material requirement via Purchase orders to suppliers and handle deviations within placed purchase orders, secure delivery on time and follow up on delayed orders
- Receive and register order confirmations from suppliers, handle and communicate deviations
- Purchase items for stock and/or project orders incl. min/max settlement
- Handle deviations in supplier invoice and potentially authorize supplier payment
- Secure right data on item numbers in local ERP system
- Focus and follow up on results related to strategic goals: DOT, QA and cost
- Support handshake process with idea generation
- Complete the documentation for capital items ( e.g. Mould , tools ).
- Support the Buying team from Logistics for supplier performance improvements and achieving the KPIs.
- To support Unit Manager for running the cost saving projects, run under “Raise the bar.”
- Follow up with suppliers for Quotations, and also Test ordered material timely delivery.
What you can be?
- 2 – 06 years of experience from production/manufacturing company.
- Vendor Development ,Project work experience preferred.
- DME / BE mechanical or production or equivalent education.
Who you are?
- Good analyzing skills
- Deciding and Initiating actions
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating
- Planning and Organizing
What we offer as an employer:
We are offering an interesting and challenging opportunity in a global, open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value for our customers.
Alfa Laval is an excellent place to build a global network and grow in your career.
Your contribution will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success, you will be learning new things everyday.
If you consider yourself qualified for the position and think you can make difference to our success and are interested in applying, please send your curriculum vitae not later than 1 April, 2021 with a short write up on why you consider yourself suitable for the position.
With the purpose of accelerating success for our customer, people and planet, Alfa Laval has developed products since 1883. Alfa Laval is today a world leader within the key technology areas of heat transfer, separation, and fluid handling. Our company was founded on a single brilliant invention, and innovation remains at the heart of everything we do. With more than 3700 patents, we provide worldwide solutions in areas that are vital to society both today and for the future. As a member of our team, you thrive in a truly diverse and inclusive workplace based on care and empowerment. You are here to make a difference. Constantly building bridges to the future with sustainable solutions that have an impact on our planet’s most urgent problems. Making the world a better place. Every day.