Position – Airframe – Associate Engineer Tolerancing
Company – Airbus
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Description of the job:
The Airframe team at Airbus India is looking for an Overall Aircraft Tolerancing Engineer to join the Tolerancing team at Airbus India, Bangalore.
Job scope (Tasks & accountabilities):
- 1D, 2D or 3D Tolerance studies, formalization of tolerance report & drawing set, cascading functional requirements down to contributors. (Top down/Bottom up approach)
- Achievement of a cascade of tolerances in the drawing set by use of geometrical annotation respecting ISO 1101 or ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Define and implement contractual interchangeability requirements in the drawing set.
- Guarantee compliance with the Tolerancing/DVA rules in the whole aircraft development process.
- Understand Design principles from the perspective of “Assembly & Manufacturing” (Interfaces & Capability)
- To be able to recommend design changes and/or optimize manufacturing processes in order to mitigate the accumulation of elementary part tolerances.
- Understand & execute tolerance calculation using different Statistical approaches
- To be able to use CATIA effectively for the creation of 2D drawings with geometrical annotations
- Manufacturing process knowledge
- Aircraft Function, Operation & Processes
- Cabin, Electrical & Mechanical System and Equipment Installation Design
3DCS & Catia V5 R21/27
Preferred knowledge of MECAmaster and KC&T suite
Required Domain Expertise (skills):
- Graduate / Post Graduate Engineer (Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering)
- The requirement is for a Tolerancing Engineer with knowledge of aircraft structure
- Exposure to the manufacturing of auto / aero components, installation, and retrofit solutions.
3 – 6 years
- Ability to work independently & in a team, in a transnational environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral, written & presentation)
- Flexibility & adaptability to changing project scenarios and requirements
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation, and sustainable growth.
Company: Airbus Group India Private Limited
Employment Type: Permanent
Experience Level: Professional
Job Family: Structure Design & Integration <JF-EN-EO>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected].
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect, and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.