Position – Engineer – Piping & Layout
Company – Air Products
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
II. POSITION SUMMARY
To deliver safe, fit-for-purpose piping design to an agreed schedule and agreed a budget.
III, NATURE AND SCOPE
The job holder is one of the key members of the design team responsible for piping design. The job holder shall be responsible for leading the piping design on projects executed by API. In addition, generating plot plans and other bid deliverables in support of proposal work shall also be part of the responsibilities. If the execution strategy calls for design outsourcing, the job holder shall be responsible for supervising and reviewing the design generated by the design house.
- Responsible for review of corresponding supplier documents
- Responsible for delivering piping design packages on projects.
- Providing support to other AP engineering centers as workload requires
V. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Safety and rigorous adherence to relevant specifications and standards for all piping designs
- Accountable for layout design and engineering scope adherence in accordance with project specifications & standards Implementation of quality procedures and contribution to continuous improvement activities
- Piping scope definition, planning, review/check/approval, document control and review, scope control, estimating & forecasting, and other activities necessary for project execution.
- Responsible for developing conceptual piping designs and detailed piping designs on projects.
- Responsibilities included model development in SP3D and leading model reviews internally and externally.
- Deliver piping design packages
- Effectively communicate by email, .ppt, or ‘face-to-face AP’s execution strategies, schedule issues, and project requirements.
- Develop common work practices within Integrated Gases.
V. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
A Piping Designer should have:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English and strong communication skills.
- Experience comparable with the grade in a relevant industry preferably will have experience in cryogenic/high temperature/oil and gas field piping design.
- Must be familiar with an engineering organization, the function of each discipline
- Skilled in using SP3D for equipment modeling and piping modeling.
- Experience in process piping design and the ability to utilize a P & ID to develop a constructible and cost-effective 3D model
- Experience in pipe support and modeling.
- Experience in isometric extraction and drawing production.
- Working knowledge of valves, in-line devices, and typical support details.
- Exposure to global design codes and experience using them in piping design