Spread the love
Position – Piping Designer
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
- To deliver safe, fit for purpose piping design to an agreed schedule and agreed budget.
Nature and Scope
- Assignment is in the function of piping design for a variety of industrial and chemical process type facilities.
- Responsible for the development of a piping 3D Model and piping design on a project.
- Responsible for the generation of piping isometric drawings and piping design packages.
- Interface with other functional groups to gather information and to produce complete functional and constructible design packages.
- Under the direction of the Piping Engineer, the Designer is responsible for an assigned piping scope of work to be executed in accordance with project specifications, design parameters, codes, company directives, and industry practices.
- Safety and a rigorous adherence to relevant specifications and standards for all piping designs produced.
- Accountable for the layout design and engineering scope adherence in accordance with project specifications & standards of all piping designs equipment modeling, piping modeling, support modeling in PDS and/or SP3D. Should be adept in 3D modeling tools.
- Conceptualization and Preparation of plant layouts. Should be able to work in Microstation.
A Piping Engineer should have:
- A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent written and spoken English and strong communication skills.
- Experience comparable with the grade in a relevant industry preferably will have experience of cryogenic piping design.
- Must be familiar with an engineering organization, the function of each discipline and how they interact, and the function of the various support groups globally.
- Skilled in using PDS and also SP3D for equipment modeling and piping modeling.
- Experience in process piping design and have the ability to utilize a P & ID to develop a constructible and cost-effective 3D model
- Experience in pipe support design and modeling.
- Experience in isometric extraction and drawing production.
- Working knowledge of valves, in-line devices, and typical support details.
- Exposure to global design codes and experience of using them in piping design
Spread the love