Position – Engineer – Estimation (Mechanical)
Company – Air Products
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description and Qualifications
- Preparation of Mechanical Construction Bid Breakdown (Bill of Quantity) from PID’s, PFD’s and Layout Inputs.
- Prepare Inhouse cost estimation for the Construction Package (Base on Direct Indirect cost)
- Self-perform various factored estimates based on past reference data and limited information on scope by taking care of factors like time, location, currency, scope change, etc. in AP specific way and applying industry knowledge
- Make sure of completeness of the estimation w.r.to all components, e.g., Engineering, Project execution, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Insurance, Logistics, etc.
- Maintain Cost Key and Price Master by Updating information.
- Preparation of RFQ Mechanical Construction Package for Vendor/Contractor.
- Attend the Pre-Bid Meeting with Vendor/Contractor. New Vendor/ Contractor development.
- Obtains Bids from Vendor/ Contractor and Identify qualified Vender and Price Negotiation.
- Prepare the Cost analysis Report by collecting analyzing and summarizing the information and Market Trends.
- Work with the Construction team & Subcontracting Team in the Project execution stage providing them with the Inputs on Contracts and Validation of the Contractor RA Bill as per the company process
- Work with the Project Cost Control team in the Project execution stage providing them the Inputs and Preparation of ETC for the Construction Package.
- Reconciliation (True ups) of Construction Quantity Vs. PO quantity at the end of the Project.
- Preparation of Final Reconciliation (True ups) and signoff the same with subcontracting Team.
- Supporting global Team from India in various activities.
- In-house Development and Preparation of Cost Benchmark for the India Project Execution team
- Contributes to Team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other activities & Skillsets
- In-depth knowledge of construction and its principles and guidelines.
- Preparation of Tender and contracting Documents for Construction package.
- Consolidate past and ongoing proposal/project data (SAP, Smart tools) for linkage of technical/commercial data, develop unit rates/target costs based on different lines of business, regions, etc. Use these data and bring it to today’s cost/benchmark based on market information for ongoing estimates and crosscheck vendor quotes.
- Thorough knowledge of Site Health, Safety, Quality, and environmental procedures.
Req No. – 45039BR
Employment Status – Full Time
Organization – Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division – EPC Functions & PGPL
Region – India
Country – India
Engineer – Estimation (Mechanical) | Air Products