Position – Testing & Laboratory Assistant
Company – ABB
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
This is a Testing & Laboratory Assistant role, reporting R&D Team Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Hyderabad and will be responsible for supporting the sample preparation and executing tests for all types of products according to test plans and standardizing testing methodologies and requirements in cooperation with Technicians or other resources.
- Documenting test results and updating internal process/procedure documents and instructions.
- Supporting with test reports according to the applicable standard(s) for the tested product.
- Supporting the maintenance activities related to the equipment and tools used by the laboratory.
- Designing and developing jigs and fixtures required for testing.
- Following HSSE norms of PPE, LOTO, material storages and handling etc., raising alarm for risk, if any.
- Maintaining housekeeping in lab area.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma/ ITI in Mechanical.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in lab testing.
- Carry out tests independently as per the product standards.
- Experience of using prototyping machines viz, drilling, milling, riveting etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical connections (cable/busbars).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
More about ABB
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warningReference Number